Sunday, January 13, 2013

Tom and Mandy came to visit!

I don't think I wrote anything about Hunter learning to walk back in September, but THAT single milestone has been the #1 reason for my 3 month hiatus from my blogging. He is into everything (a topic of another post in the works) and as such is the situation, anything I choose to do must be within eye sight of him, and not involve electronic devices that he is not able to play with himself. So no computer during the daytime. And because I get very little done during the day, I play catch up with what little time remains after he is in bed at night on the mundane cleaning, etc. So there are many posts in the works...they are just outdated. In fact, my point and shoot camera has nothing on it for the month of December. Sad, huh?

So to begin my long list of posts I am catching up on, my brother and his family came out for a few days at the end of October. He got a very very good deal on the new Disney resort out here (He is a layout guy for one of Disney's animation studios), so he took advantage of that and the chance to come visit us, and I'm so glad they did! This was our first time meeting his daughter Lydia, who turned 2 on Christmas, and since we are wrapping up year 3 here in Hawaii...yeah, we don't see much family. The girls loved playing with their cousins, and Hunter was kinda the odd man out, but he's used to that anyways. He got plenty of time with his Uncle Tom though. Tom's going to have so much fun with his son that's coming in April.

We only had a couple days with them since he couldn't take too much time off work, so we just did some low key touristy things like the swap meet, Dole Plantation, Laie Temple on Sunday, and the Pearl Harbor memorials. It was fun to spend even that short time with them. They also had a blast at the Resort, which we also did in December, but that's another post :-)

Pearl Harbor Memorial (Lexi was in school)
Riding the Pineapple Express at the Dole Plantation

Cousins outside the Laie Temple

No comments: