Saturday, November 27, 2010

A "Go Go Go!" Sunday

Our Sundays are usually pretty laid back. We sleep in as long as the kids let us, then take our time getting ready for church since it doesn't start until 12:30. Then we get home by 4, whip up some dinner, and wind down for bed.
Last week, we were still dealing with the lack of sleep from the girls waking up throughout the night. But we (which meant Eddie, since I did most of the "dealing" that night) had friends dropping off their kids at 7 AM so they could go to the Laie Temple Re-dedication. So by the time the girls and I came downstairs, the house was bustling with 5 kids instead of 2. I made a batch of rolls for sandwiches at lunch. As it came to 10 AM, the older kids were starting to get rambunctious, so I quickly whipped up a batch of Rice Krispy treats and had everyone make their own creations, using up some other sweets we had as well.







 While we were busy doing that, our friends came back and we enjoyed a simple lunch...
                                            ...while Carissa stole the oldest girls Sunday shoes.
Then we sent our kids to their house while some other friends and us headed off to another session of the re-dedication. (I managed to stay awake for the dedication...whew! Dozed a little through the prelude...) Then we headed on back to our friends' house to get the girls and a nice dinner. Whew! It was a long, but GREAT day! And now we can go back to doing temple work! Yea!!!

1 comment:

JandA said...

You are such a great mom Paula! I probably would have resorted to a movie versus the rice krispies, good thinking, I am totally stealing your idea next time I need an activity for rambunctiousness ;)