Today, as I look at my dampened jeans I am currently wearing, I would have to conclude that today has been a wet day. Let me give you an extremely short version of my day:
* It's been raining a lot in the last week. Which means it's humid. And makes me sweat.
* Carissa decided to dump out the water to Lexi's watercolors... all over the kitchen table and floor.
* Lexi had the hiccups. Bad. I was preoccupied with a messy diaper on Carissa. Lexi had a pre-filled cup of water in the fridge. I told her to go get said cup. She brings me the whole Brita pitcher from inside the fridge. I ask her to set it down and repeat directions to get her water CUP. She doesn't leave pitcher on floor, but attempts to put it on the counter. It's too high. She's too short. Shattered Brita pitcher. Scared, wet girl runs. Mom gives her the cup. She happily sits on the couch with it while I mop up with multiple towels. Good thing it wasn't filled to the brim...oh wait, it was :-)
* Lexi decided to not tell me she needed to use the potty... again.
* I did baths tonight. enough said.
* I hurriedly grabbed Carissa's diaper after the bath...2 seconds too late. Had to clean that up too.
And here I thought they were going to play in the pool today. No need :-)
(On a much happier note, I bought a replacement pitcher for only $1, thanks to a kind stranger who left a $5 off manufacturer's coupon by the $5.99 pitcher! :-D)
(And then I walked by the next store and saw Christmas trees for sale... really??...)

2 comments:
Fun day, huh? And oh, I love the picture.
kids, you gotta luv em!!
Post a Comment