I love doing my girls' hair. Most days, I'm lucky to get it in a ponytail or pigtails without some sort of incentive, such as, "We're going to play at your friend's house and you don't want to have to worry about your hair all in your face, do you?" Other days, not even worth it. I just brush it out when they are preoccupied for a short while with something else.
Oh but Sundays...
I love Sundays because those days, my girls aren't just girls.
No, they are Princesses.
Because Princesses wear dresses and you can't be a real Princess unless you have Princess HAIR.
So they let me do their hair all pretty.
Their cooperation isn't always 100%. Many weeks, I rely on Larry and Bob, my favorite vegetables, and some goldfish crackers, to keep them still. But on occasion, I can sit them on the bathroom counter and do my stuff. Both of them are getting their hair longer, so it's fun to see what we can do with it!
Here is some of the fun we've had:
From June-August:
From September-December:
And January:
I love how the style determines what color Carissa's hair appears to be! :-) She definitely has lighter hair than Lexi, but some days, those little "goldilocks" sure shine!
You wouldn't think that they both inherited my fine hair... but that goes to show what a little time, lots of hairspray, and a couple curling irons can do! :-)
2 comments:
Cute. You are quite the stylist. I'm just working on trying to keep a simple bow, flower, or barrett in my daughter's hair. Can't wait till she grows out of the pulling out the hair decor phase so I can really have some fun!
Paula, you do "marvelous" on their hair.. wait til they are older and you can do fishnetting and frenchbraiding..they do look like princessess.. totally beautiful
Post a Comment