Now most people who know us know the things we like or even like a little too much, with many other people in this vast world who also share that chronic likingness (like my new word??). This isn't one of them. So although Eddie loves all things Star Wars and I used to love all things Tinkerbell,
(curse you, mass over production of my cherished loved cartoon character)..ahem, excuse me... *sniff*
We'll save that can of worms for another post, another day...
we're not talking about this. Any guesses what I'm referring to?
No, probably not.
The Thompson Family likes....
BELLYBUTTONS
It's true. Maybe it's my fault. But in my defense, they are pretty cute, right? Especially on cute little babies. But the other day, I was sitting and thinking..."Hmm we sure talk about bellybuttons more than a normal family does..." while watching this:
We love this song. Lexi will sing it along with Ed and I. It's pretty catching.
A favorite book that has more recently been added to our family library is:

by our favorite kid's author, naturally...
And then there's Lexi, who will tell everyone within earshot the MOMENT she sees a bellybutton. On a stuffed animal. On herself or her sister. On a billboard of someone who forgot to get clothes on. Or maybe a public restroom where mom is trying to get into her swimsuit really quick? "Hey MOM! I Found your BELLYBUTTON!!!"
Even Carissa can locate and poke bellybuttons. That's our girl!
And just the other day, Ed was thinking about a disturbing commercial that he had on his mind (and may or may not have been imitating... *whistling*) to which we looked up:
I guess I could go on, but you get my point.
We like bellybuttons.
Just another random post by your random Thompson Family :-)
1 comment:
I don't think our family is abnormally into belly buttons, but we do love the Belly Button Book (I'm a Sandra Boynton fan too!). I remember that Levi's commercial too. It seemed to create a bit of stir when it came out, I think. Thanks for the funny, random post - I enjoyed it! :)
Post a Comment